- What items and services are included in your proposed pricing? What items and services would we be responsible for?
Our goal is to provide a turnkey solution with few, if any, surprises. Our pricing is inclusive of:
- Program development (development of themes, design of the play space, activities and experiences)
- Registration (on-line and/or in-person) including secure payment options
- All caregivers (“Adventure Guides”)
- All materials required for planned activities
- Nursery furnishings for infants (cribs, changing tables, refrigerators, etc.)
- Room set-up (sets, staging, décor, furnishings, props, A/V equipment, etc.)
- Travel and lodging for management team
- Shipping of décor, staging elements and materials
- Staff parking
- Staff meals
Our pricing does not include:
- Room rental fees
- Venue union fees, if any
- Meals for children
- Fees associated with room set-up and handling of materials (décor, props, materials, etc.) IF AND ONLY IF venue does not permit Plus One Meetings’ staff to perform these duties.
- Do you provide online pre-registration for the program? Is this included in the estimated costs?
Yes. We offer on-line registration on our site that your guests can link to during the registration process. Our registration site asks all relevant questions we need to know about each child including age, experience with previous care situations, personality, allergies, dietary preferences and other special needs.
- Would you provide parents an opportunity to evaluate the program, and provide us with a summary of these evaluations?
Yes, we are happy to coordinate a post-event survey and to share the results.
- Can you please provide more detail on your safety and security procedures?
Safety and security are of utmost importance to us. We encourage you to review our Manual of Policies and Procedures.
To highlight a few items:
- Facilities – our designated room is locked during off hours and access restricted to myself and/or our Director of Care Services.
- First aid/CPR – we require all of our caregivers to be First aid/CPR certified. Part of our training involves a refresher.
- Pick-up – We ensure that the person who drops off the child is the same person the child leaves with. Depending on the number of children, we follow one or all of the following procedures:
- Checking photo ID and matching signatures required on sign-in and pick-up
- Wrist bands with a dedicated code that we scan on parent and child to ensure a match
- Arrival photos so we can see a visual match when the parent returns to pick-up the child.
- We can also work with you to add the child’s photo to the back of the parent’s conference badge. Children would also receive a badge upon check-in.
- We also work with the venue to develop a plan in case of an emergency and share this plan with all parents.
- How are your caregivers recruited and trained? What certifications do they hold?
Our Adventure Guides or Caregivers are contract employees of Plus One Meetings and are recruited locally in each city that we visit. They are recruited by our Director of Care services, Erica McBurney, who has over 20 years of experience in early childhood education and managing day care centers for one the country’s largest care providers. Depending on the time of year, many of our staff members are teachers. We look for those with a certification in Early Childhood Education and care experience in a day care facility.
All of our caregivers receive training on our programs and safety standards and receive an employee handbook outlining our policies and safety procedures for review during training.
- If we provide meals and snacks (instead of asking parents to do so), could you assist by coordinating with catering services on developing an appropriate menu? If so, what would be the additional cost for that service?
Yes. We have been asked in the past to help create a menu plan for a children’s program. For example, we created a menu based on the client’s ‘50’s Rock n Roll theme that included cheesy rock ‘n roll ups, drumsticks, and pasta with “Great Meatballs of Fire!”
We are happy to work with you to create a healthy and fun menu at no additional cost.
- What amount of liability insurance do you provide, and would you name our organization and the venue as “additionally insured” on the policy? Is there an additional fee for this?
We carry $2,000,000 in general and professional liability insurance and routinely add our clients and/or venues as additionally insured. There is no additional fee for this.
- What are the options for nursing moms?
We offer two options:
- We can set up an infant area where we care for our youngest guests within our overall play space. This area offers a certain level of privacy, gliders, refrigerators, storage, etc. for a nursing mom.
- For mothers wishing to pump or have complete privacy, we have our Mobile Nursing Suites. These we can set up anywhere – ideally close to the main meeting space. Please see information on Mobile Nursing Suites. They are fully staffed, offer a place to store pumps and expressed milk, and can offer connectivity back into the meeting so moms don’t miss out on content.
- We have partnered with Limerick, the country’s leading corporate lactation consulting firm, to offer support and coaching to nursing moms before and during travel. We can also ship home expressed breast milk.
Note: If our Mobile Nursing Suite is booked in concert with a children’s program, they are offered at 20% off of the published price.
- How far in advance do you require a final estimate of attendance (i.e., when would we need to set the pre-registration deadline)?
Ideally, we like an estimate of attendance 60 days from the event. A go/no go decision should be made outside of 90 days from the event. (See question re: cancellation policy.)
- Would you be able to allow for any on-site registration?
We can and have offered on-site registrations. We are always prepared with additional staff “on-call” should our numbers increase (within reasonable limits). It is preferred, however, that we encourage pre-registrations as much as possible so we can better plan for our staffing needs as well as materials/activities required for each child.
- What are your cancellation policies?
You may cancel offering our program up to 90 days before the event; after that date, you may adjust the estimate of the number of children up to 30 days before the event
If you choose to pass part or all of the cost of our program on to parents, our recommended cancellation policies are as follows:
- 100% refundable up to 30 days before the event,
- 50% refundable up to 15 days before the event
- Non-refundable within 15 days of the event.
We are happy to work with you to offer a cancellation policy that best fits your wishes for your members.
- What if our registration launches before 120 days? Our guests may register before we make a decision to move forward.
You may wish to let your early-bird registrants know that you may cancel the program if you do not have the anticipated number of participants. Here is some sample language you may include with your registration site.
“In order to plan for our youngest attendees, registration in the children’s program is requested by DATE. Although on-site registration will be available, registration is not guaranteed after this date. In the event that we do not have a sufficient number of participants registered by DATE, the program may be cancelled. All registrants will be notified on DATE should the program be cancelled and all fees will be refunded.”
- What are your staff-to-child ratios by age?
Plus One Meetings follows or exceeds NAEYC guidelines. Our ratios are as follows:
Less than 12 months 1:2
12 months – 2 years 1:4
3 years – 5 years 1:6
6 years – 8 years 1:8
8 years+ 1:10